Other OS PS3 Class Action Lawsuit
- Learn more about the settlement associated with the class action lawsuit entitled In re: Sony PS3 “Other OS” Litigation
- OtherOSsettlement.com is administered by Garden City Group LLC
- The case is under review in the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California and i listed as case number 4:10-cv-01811-YGR
Class members in the Other OS Settlement lawsuit are defined as anyone in the US who purchased a Fat PlayStation 3 in the United States from an authorized retailer and for personal or household use, and who either used the Other OS functionality, knew about that functionality, or “contends or believes that he or she lost value or desired functionality or was otherwise injured as a consequence of Firmware Update 3.21 and/or the disablement of Other OS functionality in the Fat PS3 between 11/1/06 to 4/1/10 according to the class action lawsuit OtherOSsettlement.com admin page.
The settlement pool has been revised to 3.75 million dollar and each class member who file a valid claim will receive an estimated $65 (although this amount could be lower based on the amount of class members who file claims).
The deadline to file a claim is listed as 4/15/2018. Class members who do not agree with the 3.75 million dollar settlement can speak at the fairness hearing which will take place on 5/29/18.
- Class members who file valid claims will be represented by James Pizzirusso, Gordon M. Fauth, and Kathleen V. Fisher
- Sony has hired the law firm of SACKS RICKETTS & CASE LLP
- Class Members who previously submitted a claim in connection with this settlement do not need to submit another claim
Any questions in regards to In re: Sony PS3 “Other OS” Litigation can be directed to [email protected] or toll free 1-855-720-1264. Those looking to reach out by US Mail can write to: In re Sony PS3 “Other OS” Litigation, c/o Garden City Group LLC, P.O. Box 10312, Dublin, OH 43017-5912.