RMR Sunset Restaurants Living Wage Settlement
- Obtain more information in regards to the class action lawsuit entitled South v. RMG Sunset Inc., et al.,
- SouthSurchargeSettlement.com is administered by Heffler Claims Group
- A settlement fairness hearing will take place on or around 8/3/18
Class members in the RMR Sunset Restaurants Living Wage Class Action Lawsuit claim that the defendant added living wage surcharges to their patrons’ bills without first disclosing those charges. The lawsuit was filed by Plaintiff Jay South. Mr Jay South claims that his bill’s total of $62.76 included a 4.9 percent surcharge and that Cabo Cantina did not provide him any notice of this surcharge before he ordered his food (this order took place in August of 2016).
Class members in the lawsuit are defined as anyone who between Jan. 1, 2012 and May 31, 2017 visited a RMG Sunset Inc. restaurant and paid an undisclosed living wage surcharge for a food or drink purchase. The list of restaurants follows: Cabo Cantina, Baja Beach Cafe, Fiesta Cantina, PB Cantina, Jameson’s Irish Pub, and Sunset Trocadero Lounge.
RMG Sunset Inc. denies any actions of wrong doing but have agreed to a 6.1 million dollar settlement in order to avoid further litigation.
- Class members who file valid claims will be represented by Camille DeCamp and Timothy E. Campen
- RMG Sunset Inc. has hired Moe Keshavarzi from the law firm of SHEPPARD MULLIN RICHTER & HAMPTON LLP
- ALL claim forms must be filed before 5/21/18
- The lawsuit is listed as case number 652905 and is pending review in the Los Angeles County Superior Court
- Class Members can get a full refund of the amount they paid in living wage surcharges if they submit receipts documenting those payments
Any questions in regards to the South Surcharge Settlement can be directed to (858) 793-6244 or email [email protected] Class members looking to reach out by mail can write to: South v. RMG Sunset Inc. Settlement Administrator, c/o Heffler Claims Group, P.O. Box 42764m Philadelphia, PA 19101-2764.